Emergency contact numbers and web links
Emergency contact numbers and web links for support during bad weather
In response to weather warnings received via the Met Office, Dumfries and Galloway Council is stepping up its readiness with partners in the D&G Local Resilience Partnership to ensure the residents and visitors are supported should they be affected.
Useful phone numbers:
- In an emergency always dial 999 when there is a risk to life or property.
- Dumfries & Galloway Council Contact Centre - Dial 030 33 33 3000 (this number is monitored 24hrs a day / 365 days a year)
- Dial the 101 the non-emergency number to make local Police aware of any policing issues in your area.
- Dial 111 for provide urgent care advice and mental health support day or night from NHS 24
- Dial 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your local area.
- Dial 0800 023 2023 for Openreach to report issues related to telephone services in your area
- Dial 0800 077 8778 for Scottish Water related issues
- Dial 0800 111 999 for Scottish Gas related emergency issues such as a gas leak
Useful Web links:
For weather advice: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/advice/
For weather warnings: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/ukforecastwarnings
For flood warnings http://www.sepa.org.uk/flooding.aspx
For flood Advice: https://scottishfloodforum.org/news/latest-news/
Power cuts map: https://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/pages/power_cuts_map.aspx
Emergency School Closure https://info.dumgal.gov.uk/esc/home
For winter preparedness: Ready Scotland Ready for Winter
For public transport advice: http://www.travelinescotland.com
For roads advice: http://trafficscotland.org/
For Ferry travel sailing to and from Cairnryan https://www.poferries.com/en/routes/cairnryan-to-larne/travel-information/timetables and https://www.stenaline.co.uk/routes/cairnryan-belfast/timetable
For disruption to Rail https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/indicator.aspx